11 June 2012

Finally some pictures!!

Well, we are finally posting some pictures on our blog after 16 long months! I think Brad and I are a little behind here. Sorry everyone! Right now I only put up pictures from last year (2011) that I have been meaning to post for a long time, so there aren't any pictures from this year yet, but hopefully I won't take too incredibly long to start putting up pictures from 2012.

A brief update on us: We are enjoying Georgia so far, in the wonderful city of Woodstock. It's a nice place and we quite like it here. I think our boys like it here, too. We also like our ward a lot. :)

Tyson just finished Kindergarten and he enjoyed it. It went by so fast! In case some people didn't hear, in January Tyson was diagnosed with Aspergers. His teacher said he made a ton of improvement in some areas during the school year. He is such a bright boy and one of his favorite things to do is to look at maps of the world. He's always talking to us about states, countries, continents, etc., and he will bring his maps with him when we play outside and then show them to the neighbor kids. He loves to share information with people and he also loves to look at the scriptures so something he has been doing lately which is really cool is sometimes he will bring the Book of Mormon outside with him and show it to the neighbor kids, and he has shown it to one adult neighbor so far. Also earlier this week Brad took the boys to a baseball game and he said Tyson was showing the Book of Mormon to everyone around them, and then later on was telling everyone that the Book of Mormon was in his daddy's backpack. He is being a little missionary already! I think now I will encourage Tyson to bring the Book of Mormon outside if he doesn't grab it himself and then steer him towards adult neighbors I see outside and then once he starts talking about it to them I can explain to them what book it is, which I have done a little bit already. Thank you, Tyson, for being a good example of how to be a member missionary! Oh yeah, and there was one day when Tyson was singing a song he made up to the neighbor boys that went like this: "Joseph Smith saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, but then some bad people came and put Joseph Smith in jail, and then he couldn't see anymore in 1844!" The boys had no idea what he was talking about, but I thought it was awesome! :)

Kevin and Matthew are doing well, too. Although I love them just as much as Tyson, I'm not going to write a huge paragraph about them. Kevin finished his first year of preschool a few weeks ago and he enjoyed that, and he also likes being a Sunbeam at church. He is doing better at eating, but is still a pretty small eater unless he's eating something that he really likes, like chicken nuggets. Kevin and Matthew are pretty close in size, and Matthew actually weighs a little bit more. When I weighed them not very long ago I think Kevin was 28 pounds and Matthew was 29 pounds. As for how Matthew is doing, he is getting better and better at talking and I love to hear him speaking in sentences. I'm the nursery leader in our ward now and I think he really likes having me in nursery with him. He is so cute during music time when he sings the songs and does the actions. :)



This is from Jan. 2011. They are watching the rain.

Matthew learning how to walk when he was almost 11 months old. 

His brothers are helping him walk. :)

Matthew on his 1st birthday.

This is after Matthew got his 1st haircut from mommy and daddy.



My 3 cutie pies!




Tyson got that big orange shoe from a basketball player, Kenneth Faried, right after the Reese's All Star game.













                                Easter Egg hunt.


                      Saturday morning before Easter.



                         Easter Sunday- 2011






                      Kevin's 3rd birthday!












                            Tyson's 5th birthday!


                          Houston, TX temple











                     Getting ready to move to Georgia!



           At Kennesaw State University in GA


                        Kennesaw Mountain



No comments: